Confused about many coaching institutes? Just check these points…
1. You should know who will be teaching you once you join the academy.
At Prime we provide you with the list of the faculties who will be taking your lectures. Sometimes such a list is not even shown in the brochure & on the website!
2. Expertise, experience and qualification of Faculty Team
The most important criteria to judge the credibility of any educational institute is the competency of the faculty team. Branding and advertising should not affect your decision. Prime Academy has a pool of IITians with many years of experience. (Refer Faculty List, page 3)
3. Continuity of Faculty Team
Another extremely important factor, which is usually ignored, is the number of years a faculty remains at the institute. If faculties shuffle between many institutes frequently, and sometimes during the academic year, it affects the morale of the student. At Prime the core team has been consistent since the very beginning.
4. Availability of faculty team
At Prime, the core faculty members are exclusively associated and dedicated to Prime and don’t have any other professional engagements. And hence they understand students better and guide them accordingly. A visiting/part time faculty takes lectures, gives instructions and may disappear and hence can hardly be in touch with students on a regular basis to monitor or guide.
5. Number of IIT rankers taught by existing faculty
There may be institutes that have a long list of successful candidates in the past which was due to a set of faculty, who may not be working with them any more to teach you. It is basically the faculty team which is responsible for the results achieved by any institute and not the institute’s brand name. At Prime we are proud to claim that our team has 8 such faculty members who are specialists with a high success rate and are highly respected in the entire student community. As a matter of fact, 70% of the students who cleared IIT from Pune in the last 5 years were taught by Prime faculty members.
6. Commuting Time & institute infrastructure
Long distance travelling not only wastes time in commutation but also drains out a student mentally because of which he can’t concentrate on his studies. Upto a certain extent infrastructure also makes some difference. At Prime we provide students with well lit air-conditioned class rooms with Hi-tech devices like GPRS enabled biometric attendance monitoring & Video conferencing facilities.
7. Try to track the best faculties available.
There is a set of approximately 15 renowned faculty members who have taught to 95% of students clearing IIT-JEE from Pune. 7 of these top notch faculties are part of Prime Academy since quite a long time and the remaining 8 are distributed among many other institutes. Now the renowned Physics Author Mr D C Pandey has joined this star Team.
8. If the institute, you get enrolled in has the chairman (owner) as a lecturer then he is well aware of the academic and non academic problems faced by students and will sort them out. This is not possible in highly commercialized institutes where there is a big communication-gap between the students and the chairman. At Prime Lalit Kumar(CMD Prime Tutorials Pvt Ltd), a B.Tech graduate is a full time faculty member, himself.
9. To verify all the above mentioned points, you may talk to a few students randomly at the academy or ask for contacts of some current or passed out students.
• Rankers batch: We have segregated students between different batches as per their performance, however we have ensured that all batches get equal attention and taught by competent faculty. The difference is mainly in approach. In ranker’s batch basic concepts are discussed for about 60 minute and problems solving is done for about 90 minutes in a typical lecture. In regular batches about 90 minutes are devoted for basic concepts and about 60 minutes for problem solving. It is beneficial to both type of students to get the best out of the lecture.
• Alpha Batch: Few top students from all branches are selected to make a group of 50 students. These students are called at a common center once or twice a month for 4 lectures. This is a dynamic batch which shuffles every month and serves as motivation to other students to get into this batch.
Prime Academy’s centers are equipped with hi tech devices like, GPRS enabled biometric machines and CCTV cameras. We get the details of each and every student’s attendance and time he/she reaches for lectures. In case a student doesn’t attend a lecture, his parents are informed about the absenteeism by SMS.
There are a couple of ways, one can assess performance of a student:
Prime Academy conducts many national level IIT-JEE and NEET exams in various cities. A common ranking of students gives them a fair idea about their standing at national level.
A topic is first introduced at a very basic level. Post this concepts and core fundamentals are taught and students are given home -assignments. Topic wise tutorial sheet is then given to students followed by the Prime Monthly test. Surprise unit tests keep them on their toes. To get rid of any loose links, frequent revision lectures are incorporated. Ranking displayed after every monthly mock exam encourages student to keep abreast with competition. Students are counseled as per their performance to get the best out of them.
All Prime Academy’s centers are equipped with libraries and a student may sit in academy for almost the whole day. It usually helps those students who don’t get conducive environment at home for studies or want to have some group discussions sometimes under the guidance of faculties.
In Library we keep many such books which students don’t prefer purchasing either because they are too expensive (especially foreign authors) or from such books only 5-10% of the content is required for IIT JEE entrance examination or NEET entrance exams.
During the two year course preparation, it is possible at times, that a student may get distracted or feel depressed considering his performance in the Prime Monthly tests. To take care of this scenario, Prime Academy has launched a three-layer counseling paradigm. To begin with, teachers conduct motivation sessions in a class or on an individual basis. In addition to this, regular doubt discussing sessions are held. These are clearly visible in the monthly time table. Further when required students are individually counseled by the center manager, sometimes in the presence of a faculty as well. This wholesome approach ensures that the student stays motivated and enthused to keep up the systematic study preparation.
As a token of appreciation, we wave off some part of our fee for outstanding students.
1) For Foundation Courses:-
Note: – No student can avail more than one scholarship.
2) For 2 year IIT/Medical course
Note: -No student can avail more than one scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded in the third installment only
It’s an old saying that “students listen to their teachers more than their parents.” When we dig further another fact surfaces. Even more than teachers, students follow and listen to their successful seniors. Prime Academy students who are studying in various IITs frequently visit Prime to connect and motivate the current students. They share their experiences, highs-lows and as to how they overcame the lows to crack JEE. Such activities send positive vibes in the student community in the academy and benefit all.
At Prime we provide students with well lit air-conditioned class rooms with Hi-tech devices like GPRS enabled biometric attendance monitoring & Video conferencing facilities. We get the details of each and every student’s attendance and time he/she reaches for lectures. In case a student doesn’t attend a lecture, his parents are informed about the absenteeism by SMS.
Office No. 505, 3rd Floor, Ketki Building, Behind Bank of India, Near Alka Talkies, Sadashivpeth, Pune- 411030. Tel: 9021850095 Mob: +91 9372267644
Off No. – 307, Tradenet Building, Above Maruti Showroom, Vimannagar Tel: 8793032998 Tel: 9595520089
Off No. – 5, 3rd Floor, Satyam Apartment, Adjacent to Pimpri Station Tel: 8055340090
Copyright © Prime Academy Pune. All Rights Reserved.